White Ribbon Day and the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Knowledge Quarter’s partner, Camden Council, is committed to supporting anyone who is living, working or studying in the borough who has been affected by domestic violence and abuse.
As part of the ongoing campaign to raise awareness of the signs of domestic abuse, and to highlight White Ribbon Day and the International day for the Elimination of Violence against Women which both take place this month, the Council is contacting local businesses to offer our support to all staff in the borough.
Camden Safety Net is Camden Council’s dedicated support service that offers help and advice for anyone who is suffering from domestic abuse. Throughout November they will be distributing the below materials in the hope that the helpline number reaches all those who may be suffering in silence across Camden.
Camden Safety Net can provide you with:
- Campaigns posters for staff rooms (samples below, more designs available)
- Our campaign video to help staff spot the signs and know where to go for help (2 min and 30 second versions available)
- Digital materials for use on intranet / website / social media
- News items templates for internal communications
- They can also help you to think about developing or updating your HR policy to better support victims of domestic abuse.
They are very flexible and can work with KQ partners organisation to create their own package or materials.
Domestic abuse can happen to anyone, no matter what age, gender identity, sexual orientation or culture. With 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men in the UK affected by domestic abuse in their lifetime, Camden Council is committed to working together with our community to make sure everyone knows there is help and support available.
Please get in touch before Tuesday 22 November if you would like more information or to order any of the materials.