BECOMING A KNOWLEDGE QUARTER PARTNER
KQ is the new Knowledge Quarter at the heart of London: the focal point for one of the greatest concentrations of knowledge anywhere in the world.
Our partners are a consortium of over 100 academic, cultural, research, scientific and media organisations large and small – from the British Library and the University of the Arts London to the the School of Life and the Aga Khan University.
KQ is a consortium of partner organisations of many different kinds but with one thing in common – we are all actively engaged in advancing and disseminating knowledge.
We want to encourage all kinds of knowledge seekers to make the most of our combined resources. To break down barriers and stimulate dialogue, getting the whole of this unique area buzzing with ideas. To stimulate productive dialogue everywhere – from conference rooms and corridors to coffee shops.
Partnership is open to organisations within a one-mile radius of King’s Cross that are actively engaged in the advancement and dissemination of knowledge. Partners pay an annual membership fee based on the number of employees their organisation has within the Knowledge Quarter.
Aims of the KNOWLEDGE QUARTER
Increase the area’s profile through advocacy and stakeholder engagement, both nationally and internationally.
Facilitate knowledge exchange and identify opportunities for openness, collaboration and networking between its members.
Work with its members to increase public access to their knowledge, resources and collections, creating opportunities for exchange with local citizens.
Work with its members to identify and support work that improves our local environment, creating a great place for people to live, work and visit.
BENEFITS OF KNOWLEDGE QUARTER PARTNERSHIP
Becoming a Knowledge Quarter partner gives you access to over 100 partners, 70000 employees, hundreds of events and an infinite number of opportunities for knowledge sharing and collaboration. Become a part of London’s biggest and strongest concentration of knowledge-based organisations contributing to the strategic vision and development of a 21st century world-class research hub.
All partners hold a seat on the Knowledge Quarter Steering Group and may also appoint an appropriate member of staff to each Knowledge Quarter project working group. We encourage partners to get involved our governance and directly influence the work of the Knowledge Quarter.
Networking and knowledge exchange
- Partners will be able to attend a range of member only private views, networking meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences delivered by the Knowledge Quarter.
- Partners will also receive exclusive invitations to events and activities organised by fellow Knowledge Quarter partners.
- Partners will be able to access the KQ Knowledge Bank a new tool which has begun to connect the 70000 members of staff that make up our partnership to provide opportunities for even more knowledge to be shared.
- Partners will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Knowledge Quarter on specific projects, events and activities relevant to the wider network.
- These events bring together the Knowledge Quarter network of cross sector organisations to develop relationships, exchange ideas and provide an opportunity for collaboration.
- Knowledge Quarter partners will have access to community leaders, Councillors and local schools to develop engagement projects.
- Partners will be able to jointly identify ways and develop plans to align Knowledge Quarter programming to the needs and requirements of the local community.
- Partners will be able to inspire young people from the local community through a series of KQ activities.
- Partners will be able to link with other community engagement programs delivered by our network of partners to ensure best practice.
- Knowledge Quarter partners will have important opportunities to get their voices heard on the issues that matter to them most.
- Knowledge Quarter partners will be invited to contribute their views throughout the year with a series of consultations, online surveys and responses to Government policy.
- Partners will be able to have their voices heard as part of the Knowledge Quarter in front of key policy makers and influencers.
- Partners will have access to relevant toolkits, templates, pitch packs, and strategies for your programming, administrative, and operational needs.
- Partners will receive weekly updates and newsletters from the Knowledge Quarter and have the opportunity to promote your own news, events and job opportunities through our online and social media channels.
- Partners will be supported by the KQ in their external consultations (where appropriate) and in developing responses and representing your views on areas that will impact the local environment and sustainability.
- Partners will be invited to attend relevant meetings arranged by key stakeholders regarding environment, sustainability, physical improvement and public realm projects taking place in the area.
- Partners will be invited to support appropriate environment and sustainability projects that the Knowledge Quarter would like to develop in partnership with other bodies.
- Partners will be invited to have a seat round the table with key influencers to discuss issues that affect our public realm.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PARTNERSHIP
STEP 1: Tell us the number of staff your organisation employs and we will advise you of your partnership fee. We also offer discounts for community associations and charities. We would be happy to come and discuss the Knowledge Quarter with you in more detail before you put forward an application.
STEP 2: Complete our application form which can be found here. These are submitted to the Knowledge Quarter board every three months for consideration.
STEP 3: Once the board have approved your application a member of the Knowledge Quarter team will make contact and send you a new partner package via email, this will include our consortium agreement for signing, invoice, partner logos and branding guidelines for use on your own marketing collateral and website.
STEP 4: We will request that your organisation nominate a senior level representative to sit on the Knowledge Quarter Steering Group which meets once per quarter.