Knowledge Quarter partner The Wiener Library are looking for a Reader Services Librarian who will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the Library’s public services, ensuring an excellent standard of customer service. The candidate will lead the day-to-day management and development of reading room services and work with the Head of Collections to transform the service to an industry leading service mode.
- Graduate degree in library or archive studies or equivalent experience
- Proven experience of effectively delivering public services in a higher education or research setting, and of producing clear user services guides
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practice and innovation in service delivery in a library and information context
- Knowledge of the administration of library membership, user records, reciprocal access schemes and inter-library loan
- Experience with library management systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, attention to detail
- Excellent administrative, organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Confidence and experience adapting to a rapidly changing IT environment and reading room IT hardware (scanner, microfilm reader, photocopy) including proficiency in MS Office packages
Full details about the role can be found on The Wiener Library website: www.wienerlibrary.co.uk/Work-with-Us#ReaderServicesLibrarian
The closing date for applications is Friday 23 March.