Careers Carousels involve students rotating in small groups around 20 volunteers, spending around 10 minutes with each volunteer. These events are a great way for students to gain confidence in talking to a wide variety of professionals, whilst broadening their awareness and knowledge on the range of careers relevant to their interests and aspirations. Though all volunteers are welcome we are particularly keen to encourage women from a BAME background to take part to better reflect the student demographics.
You will be facilitating and leading the discussion with each group of students whilst sharing experiences of your career path as well as the skills and qualities needed for your job. Volunteering on this programme provides students with the knowledge to make informed decisions about their future learning and work options.
What you will gain:
- An opportunity to enhance your public speaking and presentation skills
- Increased self-confidence
- Training in working with young people
- A chance to inspire students by sharing your personal career journey
What we need from you:
- Around 1.5 hours commitment for session in school
- 30 minutes for a phone briefing, given in advance of the day
- Good interpersonal skills, plenty of enthusiasm and an interest in working with young people
To find out more about this volunteering opportunity, or to sign up to take part, call Inspire! on 020 7275 6074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org