Date: Friday 4 March 2016, 18.30–20.00
Venue: British Museum (enter via the Main entrance on Great Russell Street)
Knowledge Quarter partner, the British Museum, will host an open discussion on how the British Museum should work with partners across the UK.
This panel discussion, chaired by Dame Liz Forgan, invites the public to share their thoughts on how the British Museum works in partnership with UK museums and galleries to increase access to its collection and resources, the value this brings to local communities, and what future partnerships might look like.
The panel will feature:
- Bonnie Greer, author and playwright
- Jane Ellison, Head of Creative Partnerships, BBC
- Kenneth Olumuyiwa Tharp OBE, Chief Executive of The Place
- Stephen Welsh, Curator of Living Cultures at Manchester Museum
- Steve Miller, Head of Norfolk Museums Service
18.00 Doors open
18.30–20.00 Debate in the BP Lecture Theatre
20.00–20.30 Drinks reception
The event is FREE but availability is limited – please RSVP to Freddie Matthews or call 020 7323 8896.