LGiU is a leading think tank and the largest, independent local authority membership body in the country. They provide unrivaled practical support to their members, innovative approaches to the challenges facing local government today and an uncompromising advocacy for local democracy, local services and local communities.
They are looking for an enthusiastic individual to support the wide-ranging work of their membership and policy teams. This will be a varied role including:
- Coordinating the preparation and delivery of LGiU Events
- Supporting LGiU membership and engagement
- Assisting with the work of LGiU’s policy commissions
- Outreach with parliamentary and local government stakeholders
- Liaising with members of the press
- Be keen to develop your knowledge of public service reform and local democracy in order to create social impact
- Be full of new ideas about ways to raise the profile of LGiU’s work
- Be able to work independently and keen to make the role your own
- Have a friendly and helpful attitude for outward-facing work with members and stakeholders
- Have strong organisational and time management skills
- Be digitally savvy and able to learn and adapt to new software and online tools
- Be educated to degree level
This role would suit someone with 1-2 years’ experience in a related field, looking to take their next step in a policy or public affairs career and keen to make a real impact for councils and communities across the country.
The role will be mainly based in LGiU’s office in Kings Cross with occasional travel. LGiU offers excellent benefits including flexible working, access to the local government pension scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
Salary: £25K-£28K depending on experience.
Closing Date: Friday July 6th at 12.00pm.
The first interviews will be held on Monday July 23rd. Second interviews will be held on Thursday July 26th.
Find out more here.