Invitation to Make, Do and Bend: The One-Dayer
Knowledge Quarter’s partner, London Sinfonietta in collaboration with the hub presents Make, Do and Bend, an exploration of the future live music, audiences and technology. Following a hack day earlier in June this day-long R&D conference, at Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts, London in the heart of the vibrant King’s Cross creative campus, will explore how innovations in technology can shape the future work of artists and how digital platforms best connect with wider audiences.
What will the day explore?
– The best digital arts practice happening across art forms, from the Royal Shakespeare Company to Sound and Music
– What great digital R&D projects look like
– What the future might hold for live music and technology
What’s in the programme?
Our ideas-busting six hour day will include:
– Presentations and debates about innovations in digital delivery
– Postcards from the future of how composition, live music and digital technologies will interact
– Workshop sessions focussed on some of the ideas from our Make, Do and Bend Ideas Lab
– Hands on demo opportunities
What will you get outof it?
– The chance to network and form new partnerships with people from music, technology and the wider arts sectors… people you might otherwise not meet
– The headspace to expand your thinking and work out how to get your own digital project started
How do I book?
– You can book your ticket here. The event is free, but there’s a £10 deposit which will be refunded when you attend. (Why? Because free events can be sold-out but then under-attended.)
Click here for more information.