The Camden Climate Change Alliance is calling businesses in the borough to join them on Clean Air Day (21 June). The aim of the day is to raise public awareness of air quality and what local businesses and organisations are doing to contribute to tackling this urgent issue.
They are planning to run a social media campaign during the weeks leading to it. On the day, 21 June, they would like to see as many businesses and organisations as possible sharing what they are doing to improve local air quality. They will be using the #CleanAirDay and #CleanAirCamden hashtags and will be retweeting throughout the day using the CCCA Tweeter account @camdenclimate, and the Council corporate account @camdencouncil.
No action is too small to share. Here are some of the activities local businesses are doing:
- Encouraging staff to walk or cycle to work-related meetings
- Offering staff access to a ‘cycle to work scheme’
- Encouraging staff and customers not to idle their car engines
- Encouraging staff to use ‘click and collect’ services to redirect their deliveries from central London
- Providing zero or low carbon deliveries to customers
- Taking part in a local consolidation scheme (e.g. waste collection, delivery centre, stationary purchasing) to reduce the number of vehicles visiting the area
- Monitoring and controlling air quality inside premises.
They have created a simple form for you to let them know what you are doing and join this high profile campaign. Please register your interest ASAP: call to action on air quality