Job Listing: Archivist
Coram, working with London Metropolitan Archives
|Salary:||£19,200 per annum (pro rata)|
|Hours:||3 days a week|
|Closing date:||Monday, 6 January 2020 – 9:00 am|
Coram, the UK’s oldest children’s charity, is launching a major new heritage programme, Voices Through Time: the story of care, and needs an enthusiastic, skilled team to drive it forward.
Coram’s archive is extensive, fascinating and sadly, because of its age, deteriorating. Recognising this, and the archive’s importance to the nation, the National Lottery Heritage Fund has made a four-year grant to enable Coram to:
- digitise and transcribe a major portion of the archive;
- promote our heritage content online;
- match creative partners with care-experienced and looked-after young people in a series of arts projects;
- develop a suite of resources based on these activities, to reach out to others; and
- challenge the misconceptions of care by showcasing young people’s talents and ambitions.
Coram are now looking to build a team to deliver this project and are looking for individuals who are passionate about young people’s progression as well as, of course, heritage and history.
For more information about the role and to apply, visit Coram’s jobs board.