Islington Council urgently want to hear from KQ partners based in Islington about the short and long term impacts of COVID-19 on your business and community.
Please share your story by responding to the business support survey.
Knowing how your organisation, your staff and your communities have been, or will be, affected by the coronavirus will help Islington Council to effectively lobby the government for support.
KQ partners based in Camden should respond to the Camden Council Business Form.
What the Government is doing:
- Tax: If you or a member of your workforce are worried about being able to pay tax as a result of coronavirus, call HMRC’s dedicated helpline on 0800 0159 559.
- Statutory Sick Pay will be available from day one rather than day four and if you employ less than 250 people, the cost of providing 14 days of Statutory Sick Pay per employee will be refunded in full by the Government.
- Insurance: If you manage a pub, club or a theatre and have an insurance policy that covers you for pandemics, you’ll be able to make a claim.
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme will support lenders to offer loans up to £5 million with no interest due for six months.
- If any of your employees have a zero-hours contract, please let them know they’ll be able to access Universal Credit and the new Employment Support Allowance.
- Mortgage lenders will support customers who are experiencing financial difficulties by giving them mortgage holidays for up to three months.
More information can be found on the Gov.uk website.