Knowledge Quarter partner The Place is looking for a Director of Finance and Resources, reporting to the Chief Executive, their will lead on finance and operational management to ensure the efficient implementation of The Place’s artistic and business objectives.
The Place has been a driving force in contemporary dance in England and Europe since 1969 and it remains one of the world’s key resources for dance development. Their are a home for dancers and dance-makers, nurturing artists from the earliest stage to mature world-class talent. An integral member of the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama and one of Arts Council England’s Band 3 NPOs, The Place has an approximate turnover £6.7m (2016).
This is a broad, hands-on role and your remit will include:
- Establishing, developing and leading a high performing team to deliver sound financial management whilst providing a strategic financial overview of The Place
- Provision of accurate and timely analysis and advice to the CE, Board and Leadership Team to enable controls and decisions to maximise utilisation of resources
- Coordinating and leading the delivery of effective operations including Finance, HR, Admin, IT and Facilities and overseeing the day to day operations, making adjustments where necessary
- Leading and measuring the effectiveness of cross organisational processes and systems for delivery of Income Generation, Risk Management, Compliance, Health and Safety and find ways to improve them
- Working closely with the Chief Executive on major projects to improve the financial resilience and the sustainability of The Place
The Place is seeking a mission-focused, experienced strategic and process-minded leader with strong financial acumen. With your clear strategic approach you will focus on priorities, maintain a strong grip on The Place’s sound financial management and provide timely advice regarding risks and opportunities.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon Monday 2nd October 2017 with interviews set to take place the week commencing 9th October 2017.
Click here for more information and to apply for this position.