The annual tutorial day of the Physical Acoustic Group will be held on 21st September 2018 at the Institute of Physics. Following their standard format they will have three tutorials, each aimed at bringing a topic to a non-specialist audience. The theme this year will be ultrasound generation and detection and speakers will be confirmed soon. The meeting will also include a demonstration of TinyLev (University of Bristol) and conclude with a networking session including drinks. We hope that early career researchers will find this particularly useful and all attendees are welcome.
Please note that this is a provisional programme and is subject to change.
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 Talk 1 (title to be confirmed)
- Theodosia Stratoudaki, University of Strathclyde, UK
- 13:45 Talk 2 (title to be confirmed)
- Andrew Hurrel, Precision Acoustics, UK
- 14:30 Break with tea and coffee
- 15:00 Talk 3 (title to be confirmed)
- Tomas Gomez, Physics and Information Technologies Insitute at CSIC
- 15:45 Ultrasonic levitation brief talk and demo
- Asier Marzo, University of Bristol , UK
- 16:15 Refreshments and networking
- 17:00 Move to pub for IOP Early Careers group pub crawl